Design thinking is always top of mind at MGA&D. And increasingly it is being applied across multiple disciplines. Our very own Vijay Chakravarthy, Chair of the NY City Chapter of the IDSA, will be moderating a panel discussion on “Design for Social Impact: How can design help shape better societies and a progressive future?” The event is being held on Tuesday, May 10, 2016 from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm at Parsons The New School of Design at 63 Fifth Avenue.
- Deborah Alden, Managing Director, Pratt Institute | Brooklyn Fashion + Design Accelerator
- Mark Randall, Principal, Worldstudio
- Karen J. Stone, Director of Design, Knoll, Inc.
- Lisa Tziona Switkin, Principal, James Corner Field Operations
- Rob Van Varick, Principal – Insights & Strategy, Michael Graves Architecture and Design
Social impact design, a term that has come to mean: ‘the practice of design for the public good’ has been attracting powerful interest in recent years. Increasingly, both practicing designers and students are seeking opportunities in this field. While there is a lot of emphasis on ‘Human Centered Design’, how will the discussion change if we re-frame that as ‘Society Centric Design’? How might we support such ventures as we go about evolving the design approach in a professional arena? How can we effectively prepare future generations of designers for this growing area of design?
Plan on attending for what will be a fascinating discussion. Click here for details.