The Keyser Building, located at 207 E. Redwood Street, in Baltimore, MD is significant as one of the larger office buildings constructed after the Great Baltimore Fire of 1904. Erected in 1906, the building rests in the heart of Baltimore’s historic financial district, just two blocks north of the Inner Harbor and the center of tourist activity.
The design team converted this 10-story office building into a “boutique” hotel, with 144 guest rooms. The solid stone building’s historic facades were preserved and restored. Furthermore, historic materials discovered on the interior— marble walls, terrazzo floors, wood wall paneling and wood moldings—are being preserved and incorporated into the layout of the interior spaces. The lobby and reception area, common areas include a fitness center, conference spaces and a café to serve guests and nearby office workers.